Thursday, October 19, 2017

USA: BIG NEWS - Debut Album Release, "To Know Love..."

Releasing debut album, "To Know Love..."

Hi y'all! I'm happy to share that I'll be independently releasing my debut vocal jazz album, "To Know Love..." on 01/19/18. It's a while away still, I know, but I promise I'll make it worth it by sharing goodies about the recording process and story behind the album!





We recorded the album at Marigny Studios in New Orleans, the same studio Preservation Hall Jazz Band used to release their last few CDs (if you know their type of awesome, big ensemble work). The album is a collection of some of my favourite jazz standards and Brazilian tunes, arranged modernly with folk and world influences.

Click below to view a little teaser for the album:
   

Early praise for the album: 
 
“...there is nothing simple about Schafer’s improvisational skills and satin-smooth tone. She is a master of her craft...Whatever her musicians do, they only enhance [her] style and beauty. She is the diamond necklace hanging around the necks of these band members and glittering brightly.
- Musical Memoirs

“...she changes dynamics and range like a closing reliever on the languid “Body and Soul,” slithers a samba’d “Almost Like Being In Love” and does a peppy front line with Black on “S’Wonderful/They Can’t Take That Away From Me.” More intimately, her duet with Butts which opens “Lush Life” makes you beg for more of the same. Impressive foray."   - Jazz Weekly

That's the big news for now! Take a listen if you'd like, and please feel free to share the music.
Keep an eye out for posts with goodies from the recording process and a pre-sale link next month as well.

In a couple of weeks I'll be traveling to Japan with the Glenn Miller Orchestra. We'll be doing 26 shows over there and performing at a couple of venues on my bucket list, including Billboard Live Osaka, Cotton Club Tokyo, and the Nagoya Blue Note, so I'm quite excited for the month of November!

And if you're ever interested in where I'm touring, I do keep a list of tour dates updated on BandsInTown!